Wednesday 18 July 2012

One Legged Race

I'm not used to this one legged race
I usually use two feet
I'm not doing as good as I thought
I'm headed for defeat
It's hard for me this whole new change
It sometimes gets me down
I'm not used to things not going my way
I often wear a frown
People make this outfit look easy
They don't show the real deal
Like the anxiety that builds within
The awful thoughts you feel
It hits you deep within your chest
It lingers there for days
The anxiety consumes your thoughts
It clouds your rational ways
I'm really not the jealous type
I've never known what to do
When situations spring to life
I struggle and over think them through
I end up being over accepting
And the truth I start to bend
I make out like things don't bother me
It always fucks me in the end
I bottle it up full to the brim
And stagger for as long as I can bear
Until this mighty weight defeats me
And I scream in to the air
I let it rip and out it spews
This built up anger and resent
It's been left for far too long
All which I never meant
Out of control emotionally
My deepest fear of all
But this is my reality
A burden I have to haul

No comments:

Post a Comment